Chemical burn in liner

joe111

Jun 13, 2012
burlington, Ontario
Good morning,

Just looking for a little advice. A friend of mine has a pool in Texas and a pool service company poured some chemical unknown at this point. Now the liner is wrinkled and leaking.
Should this person just get a new liner or can this be repaired. Along the seams of the deep end you can zoom in a see.

Please see photo.

thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_10541.jpg
    IMG_10541.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 21
Looks like damage from low ph - likely acid.
If there’s a few identifiable leaks those might be able to be patched depending on the condition of the vinyl but there’s no telling how long it will hold.
if it were me the pool service would be buying me a new liner. Does he not have a contract or receipts from what was done? A video perhaps? He’ll need proof that they caused the damage. Hopefully they’re reputable & it was just an untrained employee problem. Service businesses have insurance for this reason.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Looks like damage from low ph - likely acid.
If there’s a few identifiable leaks those might be able to be patched depending on the condition of the vinyl but there’s no telling how long it will hold.
if it were me the pool service would be buying me a new liner. Does he not have a contract or receipts from what was done? A video perhaps? He’ll need proof that they caused the damage. Hopefully they’re reputable & it was just an untrained employee problem. Service businesses have insurance for this reason.
thank you

In my opinion, there is no chemical that will wrinkle a liner that much instantly or overnight.

Was the pump on or off?

What is the pH and TA?

Looks like really low pH for a long time.

How old is the liner?

What was added and how much?

At this point, there is insufficient information to make any conclusions about what happened.

The liner looks old and in poor condition.

We need to know the chemistry before and after the chemical addition.

We need to know exactly what was added, how much was added, how it was added and if the pump was on or off, if the pool was brushed, if the main drain was on or off etc.

We can’t just look at a picture with no history, no details and no context and make a reasonable diagnosis.

1678203610599.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.