chem geek

I have learned everything that I know about pool chemistry from his posts. As many others have stated, the amount of information that he puts in one post is almost unfathomable. His willingness to share and educate complete strangers should not go unnoticed.

Thank you very much for sharing your wealth of knowledge!

I have great respect and appreciation for Richard, aka ChemGeek. His ability to access and disseminate current data on all things chemical and put it into basic terminology is unparallelled. His ability to convey that information here is always conducted with civility and grace, even when under verbal attack. Not many combine a passion for knowledge with a heart for teaching. Fewer still combine it with an ability to communicate on a layman's level when needed.

Congratulations on exceeding 10,000 posts! Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into helping the members of TFP! You are awesome!

Again, thank you all. I'm just a part of what makes this forum what it is and that the mods, admins, and many helpful regular contributors (whether designated as "special" or not) truly make it something special. Nevertheless, I appreciate that my contributions are recognized and helpful.

Again, thank you all. I'm just a part of what makes this forum what it is and that the mods, admins, and many helpful regular contributors (whether designated as "special" or not) truly make it something special. Nevertheless, I appreciate that my contributions are recognized and helpful.
Congratulations !
I think I can safely say I'm speaking for the other new members like myself in stating that your amazing contributions are a big part of why I joined first day in !
Although it may go way over my head, it is what gives validity to this site and it's methods. It was apparent from the start that this was not "Hocus Pocus" but fact based on science (and true compassion in helping me understand the goal of TFP). This is probably a good place to also state my feelings about this site. In a nutshell this site is fool proof, even though I have asked dumb questions ( and even given wrong advice)everyone has been gracious, understanding and helpful. Now I've found every question I have is somewhere on this site if I take the time to go look for it. If not you are there to answer it. Because of the attitude of everyone here, I find myself clicking on all kinds of posts to follow and learn. Because of you and the others, I feel the best way to carry on your hard work is to LEARN and hopefully get to the point I can help the next one to come along.
Many thanks to you all for your help and making me feel welcome !

p.s. - I do have one question I can't find the answer to : having had an above ground for 12 years and an in ground for 16 years, WHY the **** did it take me this long to find this place :hammer:

How timely! I was just thinking of chem geek...

We just came from a friends house. They got a new inground pool installed and are using a silver system. So I thought to myself "hmmm...better look that up". Searched here on tfp and it turns out chem geek has contributed to a number of posts about it. Very, very interesting and I learned a lot. (In a nutshell: metal ions do sanitize, but much slower than chlorine, bromine, etc. You must use chlorine with that system! You could get staining...and don't even get me started on EPA approval ;). Thanks for making it all make sense, chem geek!

chem geek, one of the few people active on the forum when I joined and still active now. Can't thank you enough for your contribution to the forum and the TFPC concept as a whole.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love reading and doing my best to understand Richard's posts. The sheer dedication to the problems and intricacies of pool water maintenance are simply astounding. Every time I answer a post based on what I've learned here on TFP, there's a strand of something I learned in a chem geek post. As someone with chemistry training I'm consistently amazed by the knowledge and depth of all your responses. Truly no worthy price tag can be placed on your impact upon this community. Here's to 10K more posts!

Richard is a large part of why :lovetfp:

I think it's safe to say that chem geek's knowledge, advice and protocols have touched each and every member on this forum. You are a generous and passionate member. I am so thankful for the advice that you've given to me and other members that we never could have found without you!!!

You are :super: !!!!

Congratulations Richard.:thumleft:

As many of us might admit, I can't always fully understand some of what you teach here but I'm often excited to see one of your epic multi-paragraph replies.

You and the many other experts here are what make this forum so top-notch and user friendly.

Congrats Chem Geek. Even though I'm the noob (as of now), I appreciate your work while I was lurking for the past year. The FC/CYA paid dividends to me a few years ago when I became a new AG SWG pool owner.

As a former administrator of car forum I can relate to those whose words define your commitment. Thanks for all you have done!

Richard, you know what I think of your contributions here. You really ought to get double credit on your posts. This forum would not be as good without the contributions you've made. Congratulations on the milestone. :goodjob:

Thank you Chem Geek and this forum. Without you, I would be in the pool store, instead of my pool relaxing :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.