Check list for replacing liner on 30 ft above ground pool

You are referring to water depth when you say 3 or 12 inches? I don't recall exactly what I did, but I would think 3-4 inches would be OK, water is heavy! I can't imagine I waited for anything close to 12 as it would take half a day and maybe burned out the vac! May just have to feel it out and also there's been plenty on here that didn't use a vac at all.

Reactions: linda1
You are referring to water depth when you say 3 or 12 inches? I don't recall exactly what I did, but I would think 3-4 inches would be OK, water is heavy! I can't imagine I waited for anything close to 12 as it would take half a day and maybe burned out the vac! May just have to feel it out and also there's been plenty on here that didn't use a vac at all.
Thanks, I'll just keep an eye on the water level and pull the vacuum before the water gets to the end of the vacuum hose end.

Reactions: Mdragger88
We stopped filling the pool last evening when a strong wind, rain storm came through. We only have about 12 inches of water in pool and now the weather has changed. The temperature this afternoon has dropped to 59 and no sun. I turned the water off this afternoon. Is this the correct thing to do? Is there a depth that it's safe to continue filling regardless of the the air temperature?

Good call 👍🏻
So long as there is some sun & 60+ its ok to continue - hopefully tomorrow will be better. Always stop when it gets dark. Since it’s taking a little while to fill you can add a little bleach by the running hose. It looks like that’s about 5300 gallons of water at that depth.
I used a floater while filling but it made me a nervous wreck that it would end up in one spot & bleach my liner.

I had the same concerns about using a floater with no circulation - that it would just sit in one spot against the wall and bleach my nice brand new liner so I bungeed the floater to quickrete filled bleach bottle and put it in the middle.

I had the same concerns about using a floater with no circulation - that it would just sit in one spot against the wall and bleach my nice brand new liner so I bungeed the floater to quickrete filled bleach bottle and put it in the middle.
Right now I'm not too concerned about the water. It is coming out of the hose very cold and our over night temperature was 48 and day temp in 60's. I think tonight and tomorrow will be about the same. My husband just realized he'll have to get in the cold water to cut out for skimmer and return and then install them. He isn't too happy. If this takes much longer, we have about 20 inches of water so far, I'll mix some bleach in a large bucket of water and pour in pool, then brush good.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Linda, are u running 2 hoses? Doing so can help u take advantage of the higher mid day temps when sun is shining on the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We finally have the pool filled and pump going. I added my cya, bleach and baking soda per the pool app. Next is to get the solar pannels and gas heater hooked up. Water is 68 and a lot too cold for me! I want to thank everyone for their help with this liner change!

Attachments

• 20220529_150441.jpg
    20220529_150441.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220529_150322.jpg
    20220529_150322.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 12
Awesome DIY job, we knew you could do it! The Boulder style liners for AGPs are my favorite. I turned away a free j hook upgrade cause they didn't have it in Boulder.

We finally have the pool filled and pump going. I added my cya, bleach and baking soda per the pool app. Next is to get the solar pannels and gas heater hooked up. Water is 68 and a lot too cold for me! I want to thank everyone for their help with this liner change!
Now would be a good time to Become a TFP Supporter

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.