Cheapest place to buy Taylor replacement reagents online?

I purchase all of my test kit needs from TFTestkits.net. I have been buying there for many years, long before I was a contributing member to TFP. They are a family owned, made in US company with good prices and great service. And they help to support TFP! It does not get any better than that.

rm..like I said I just purchased at TFtestkits and it was priced as low as any Ive seen, and I believe operated by a TFP member. My order was shipped immediately and I received the order in less than 5 days. Previously being a small business owner Im happy to support a member who is there for me if I have questions and advocates the techniques that are discussed on this forum. Amazon is good but if your pool turns green I dont think the community there will be all over it like these people here will! Give it a try.

I was about to order a few refills from TF, but I saw that Taylor says their reagents have a 1-year shelf life and should be replaced each season.

Is this actually true? Does anyone here replace all of their each year? Seems like that would be a bit excessive to replace that much!

But i was hoping someone would tell me that it's a myth. I want an accurate test and if thats how to get it...

Test reagents generally are good 12 to 18 months. They will last longer stored indoors in a cabinet. If you buy stuff now it will be good all next pool season. TFTestkits.net usually has a spring refill sale with a full set of TF-100 refills for under 40 bucks. I buy a new set every spring just to be on the safe side and to support a good business.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have read several posts in this thread that refer to storing regents in a fridge. If you do that does that extend the shelf-life past the 18 month mark? Also, is the fridge storage method good for all regents?

Don't store your reagents in a fridge. Storing them at room temperature is best. Also the move from near freezing to warm air and back will shorten the life of some reagents, while the powder being cold will cause it to attract moisture which you do not want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.