CFICGEN60 Generic Chlorine Generator

petman

Jul 9, 2016
Danville/CA
This generator worked great last year. Put out a tremendous amount chlorine and I was very happy. I just turned it back on this week and it is saying "Hot Water" and is not turning on. The water according to two different sources is 63 degrees so it should be warm enough but is not hot. The manual says nothing really useful in this area.

I would like to try to get warranty as it is less than a year old, however the manual says Contact the Warranty Department but then has absolutely no contact information.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Today we're taking a look at the CFICGEN-Series replacement salt cells, which are aftermarket replacement salt cells which are compatible with Pentair® IntelliChlor® models such as the IC20® (520554), IC40® (520555) and IC60® (521105). The pool salt cells are generic replacements with upgraded features such as a display screen, salinity reading, and increased control. Questions?

Questions? Call your friendly salt pool experts for fast service: (866) 766-5243

They aren't the manufacturer which is who normally warrants it. I will check with them and see. If a problem I could order another and then just return the bad one right away as defective. Will see. I was kinda hoping someone might have experience either obtaining warranty or figuring out how to fix it.

Since they sell through dealers - the dealer is your contact. They may just give you the right number to call but its the right 1st step.
This is the only one I see that they sell now (it looks to be the same but with a different name)
3C5E197C-09C4-43F3-9913-1E436BF509A9.png4E5A9B5E-423D-469B-8D67-BF9A600BA012.png
Let us know what comes of your experience. With costs on the rise many are considering generics & there’s just not many documented experiences on here with those

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.