Century Connect Automation Support for VGreen EVO

TXpoolDIYguy

Jul 18, 2023
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Just noticed on Century's website that the EVO line now has automation support using "Century Connect". I'm assuming it is some sort of new control board for the EVO that can detect the automation protocol being used and allow for VS control over RS 485 serial. Has anyone bought an EVO with the new board and hooked it up with an Aqualink or other automation system? AFAIK the early EVOs do not have this.

1690218923371.png

Attachments

• C0069E.pdf
    615.9 KB · Views: 12
  • C00065E.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Interesting find! The lack of Automation support in the VGreen Evo line has been a problem for anyone using automation. Adding firmware to support the big three automation systems is a real plus.

I wonder how one can figure out the build date that this Connect feature was added?

All I've been able to find is that Century says in their marketing materials to "look for the Century Connect icon" when buying a motor, which I have yet to see from any distributor. I guess they are leaving it up to the distributors to differentiate their old stock of EVOs that don't have it. Otherwise they are going to be getting a lot of customer returns.

If Century was smart they would offer a retrofit board for the old EVOs so existing owners and distributors can easily upgrade.

1690317156900.png

According to this article on inyo, there are plans to offer a retrofit board but I also haven't seen anything on any distributor sites about the new motors.

Following this for when the board comes available. My last communication with a tech down in FL was installing them for high profile customers back in May. He's since gone radio silent.
I was just about to pull the board off and see about intercepting the motor commands to spin my own board before I found these updates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.