Cell Voltage is high unless on super chlorinate

Oct 5, 2018
Newport/VA
I have a 25,000 gallon inground pool that uses a sand filter and AquaRite System with T-15 cell. The cell was replaced in July 2019. I'm having trouble getting the pool to produce free chlorine. I cleaned and inspected the inside of the cell and it has no buildup and I see no issues. I did figure out it was set for a T-3 cell and thought that was the issue, but it has been a few days and it doesn't seem to be getting better. When I put it in Super Chlorinate, it seems to have the proper cell voltage and amperage. Any ideas why it wouldn't be working when on auto? The voltage is high and the amerage is 0. Although, it does seem to think it is putting out 39% - which is the setting the dial is at. I got the chemistry tested at the pool store on Saturday and that's when they told me the salt was high, and there is no free chlorine.

Readings when in Auto setting:
3500 (salt is actually a little higher than that. I'm working to lower it a bit)
76 (temp)
33.0v
0.00a
39P

Reading when in Super Chlorinate:
25.5v
6.87a
100P

It's the voltage and amperage that concerns me. But please tell me if I don't need to worry, and the 39P means it's operating correctly. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.