Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all,

We're headed into our third season with the pool, and I'd like to soak the filters in TSP before we fire things up in April. I cleaned them good when I closed, but they still have a fair bit of staining, etc. We have super hard water here with iron, and I also had to SLAM the pool last year to get rid of some black skimmer gunk, so want to make sure that is all removed before we start a new season. I have a 55 gallon trash can, and understand the ratio of TSP to water is 1 cup per 5 gallons. I'd prefer not to waste a bunch of TSP. Has anyone found an ideal container for soaking Clean and Clear Plus 400 cartridges?

Thanks!

Wes

Has anyone found an ideal container for soaking Clean and Clear Plus 400 cartridges?
My OfferUP app has blue plastic 30 and 55 gallon drums for $10 to $25 I'm going to measure my filter diameters and get the smallest one that'll fit.

Screenshot_20230305_121609_OfferUp.jpg

Previously I was using the big green landscaping bucket.

I've used the trash can idea. Something like this. When it's not being used to soak filters, it's my garage trash container. Lined with a heavy contractor's trash bag, I can just temporarily pull out the trash for filter cleaning day.

How long should I leave them in there?
I soaked mine for 24 hours at 50:1. I'd flip them at least once and spin them around real good to mix it up when I did.

If they look great at 12 hours, feel free to pull them early.

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.