Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I get scorpions all the time in the pool. If I had to estimate, perhaps 20-30 each season, usually all dead at the bottom the next day. Today however was special as mama here decided she wanted to take all her babies for a swim during the day. It was hot today in the 100s, but c'mon. No Bueno.
Scorpion May 2018.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Diane e and JamesW
Why is that and the babies not flat as a pancake?? Scorpions are a no go over here!!

I found one lounging on my kitchen floor last week, 1 long handled metal grill spatula, and that thing was cut in 3 pieces, starting with the tail!!

Why is that and the babies not flat as a pancake?? Scorpions are a no go over here!!

I found one lounging on my kitchen floor last week, 1 long handled metal grill spatula, and that thing was cut in 3 pieces, starting with the tail!!

what he said!!! :lookhere::gone:

Not a bad catch for today.
Im Not No Way GIF

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Besides finding scorpions, a UV light can also help authenticate money FRNs (Federal Reserve Notes).

Each note has a security thread that glows a different color under UV light based on denomination (except 1s and 2s).

1696779558728.png

In the $100 note it will glow pink, and in the $50 note it glows yellow

Denomination.....Fluorescence of Security Thread

$100.........................Pink.

$50..........................Yellow

$20.........................Green

$10.........................Red/Orange.

$5...........................Blue

• Wow
Reactions: Newdude
@JamesW, there are two problems with the black light method. One, I got rid of black lights and any other paraphernalia related to my early (questionable) years. Ha. Two, I have no money. Ha ha.

When I was in Saudi, we used to catch the big black ones. About the size of your palm. You could hear them climb up the walls of the building. The smaller green ones were the bad ones. Very venomous and stealth mode.
Did you put a camel spider in the same ring with a scorpion? There were wages put on who would win!!

• Haha
Reactions: Texas Splash
I'm with James. I'd be more concerned when you *don't'* find mice. If you find a mouse, rattlesnakes may still be nearby, but they haven't been there yet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.