Cartridge filter with Jumbo Chlorine tabs?

Please add your pool and equipment details to your signature ... would be curious if your filter is also woefully undersized.

Will do soon JB! I do feel confident that my filter is strong enough - when it's actually pumping out water it's FANTASTIC! The problem is that nearly always when I pop in a cartridge that's not close to new I get the dreaded trickling jets. :cry:

Terminology problem. A filter can't be strong. That would be a pump.

I wanted to see if your filter (not the pump) is just way too small ... and if it is one of the puny cartridges that come with some Intex pools, it is just not adequate.

Reactions: dschddny
An update..........I cleaned my cartridge using filter cleaning solution (I know not the best, apparently TSP would be much better but all I had at home right now), soaked it overnight, popped in the cartridge last night and had very good water flow. Good flow lasted for about 2 hours and then reduced to a trickle again. Took the cartridge out and it was quite dirty. Seems I'll need to repeat this a few times, but at least it appears that cleaning the cartridge with some type of cleaner as opposed to just a strong rinse will be effective enough...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.