Capping an abandoned pressure side cleaner outlet without busting off the wall fitting

Dec 10, 2020
North Texas
The booster pump for my Polaris 3900 died. I decided to abandon the Polaris rather than replacing the pump. I figure that I should cap the outlet at the pool wall if I'm going to remove the Polaris.

I see that universal wall fitting (UWF) plugs are available. Using this would require removing the existing UWF. The existing UWF is tightly stuck into the pool wall. I'm afraid that if I tried to wrench it loose, I would bust it off in the wall.

Is there a more foolproof way? Do I need to cap the outlet in the first place? Is there a method to cap it without having to wrench the UWF fitting off?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

There is no need to cap off the UWF. Think of it as an extra return with chlorinated water flowing through it rather than sitting stagnant.

If you really want to remove the UWF, there is a special tool for that. And for once, it's cheaper at Leslie's than at Amazon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.