Can't reduce the cloudiness---please help!

HiddenRiver

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 15, 2017
East Coventry, PA
FC=10
CC= 0
pH= 7.5
TA=100ppm
CH=330ppm
CYA=30

I am a new pool owner with a 25 year old pool. I just spent about 3 weeks trying to rid the pool of black algae--was gone about a week ago, but now pool is cloudy and i cant seem to clear it up. Pool store convinced us to lower pH and likely the fine powder on the pool bottom is the chemical but just wanted some advice? It's hot out and my guests would like to swim. Thanks for whatever help you can give!

Thanks! Unfortunately though it looks good in the photo, the walls have been brushed with a wire brush so much to remove the black algae I am afraid I have ruined the surface. This just after having the plaster patched this past spring and the new tiles put in as the photo shows. I think the pool repair guy brought the algae in because i hear black algae rarely happens in this geography. Ugh. Very expensive problem! Would have been much worse if it wasn't for TFP! Thank you so much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.