San Diego, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Our pool stores can’t find one & I’ve searched the web high & low only to find out of stock notifications.

I know the prices are insane…but this is our vacation rental property that’s fully booked out for the summer so when guests are there we can’t test/add chemicals so its important the salt cell be producing chlorine during the week.

Anyone know where I can find either an IC-40 or replacment cell?

There seems to be some “generic” options for around $600, are they any good?

We carry this generic version. If the the one find looks like it, I would not hesitate to buy it at $600.

We do find them a little bit less reliable compare to the Hayward generics, but most system still works years later.

If you need 100% up time, I would suggest you buy 2 of the IC20 for the 17.5K pool (not much more than then a single IC40).

But you have redundancy, if one is having issue, you can swap the other one, also you have 2 sets of everything, the cell (bottom) and electronics (top) comes apart. Flow switch can be switched out in a 1-2 min.

.View attachment 351598

Reactions: Girl_Style
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.