Can't find my RS-013 beginning SLAM

charsand

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 4, 2009
Flower Mound/Texas
A few setbacks and I finally got ready to SLAM (I've done it before); however, after getting my PH to 7.4 , I went to test my CYA and couldn't find the large bottle of RS 13 that I thought I had and immediately ordered more.

My question is, should I start the SLAM in the absence of a CYA reading or wait until the RS 13 arrives?

The last CYA reading that I could find recorded was about a year ago at 40....had lots of rain since....

Thanks

My question is, should I start the SLAM in the absence of a CYA reading or wait until the RS 13 arrives?
You're going to need that updated CYA reading. Without it, you're just guessing on the FC/CYA Levels and don't want to see you do that. If your water is cloudy only, you should be safe adding 1/2 of chlorine per day to the water just to keep it from getting much worse. If it's green, you could use a gallon once each day, but I wouldn't use any more than that. Have a nice weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.