Can’t find backwash

Nubs101

Jan 3, 2021
Missouri
Hello all, recently had my pool installed and loving it so far. Chemicals are all pretty close due to a lot of reading here and your all help/advice so thank you for that. Thinking ahead I was looking at my pump and filter. I noticed I only see filter and waste labeled which makes me wonder how I back wash?

my second question is my pool is a semi in ground. The installer told me putting rock around it is a bad idea because they can put pressure against the side walls of the pool and possibly puncture. So my question is what are my options as far as landscaping I was kind of thinking maybe rubber mulch or something around that but not the real mulch to attract bugs. I appreciate all the help and thank you for any suggestions.

Attachments

• ADB27614-352A-4AE2-88ED-50817B905AF5.jpeg
    ADB27614-352A-4AE2-88ED-50817B905AF5.jpeg
    367.4 KB · Views: 17
I've seen all kinds of material used around the perimeter of a pool, to include small rock. As long as they are only a couple inches thick, it's not like the rock is leaning against the steel wall like boulders. I'd say use what you want or feel most comfortable with. I'm sure others will reply.

As for that valve, you won't have backwash because that's a cartridge filter. :) You're lucky though that the installer gave you a way to send water to waste as most cart filters don't have that option.

Last edited:
You will want to put something around the base that prevents water from pooling there and causing a rust problem later. I used sand and then pea gravel topped with bricks I had laying around after a garden wall came down. I would be careful putting rocks around the pool so you don't scratch the paint. Once the pool is full of water you won't puncture the walls by piling small rocks around it.

You will need to open the filter to clean the cartridge. As Pat said, you don't need a backwash option.

Ah thank you so much everyone. Slowly learning more and more as time goes on. My plan is to put a drain around the base of the pool. Cover that with sand as it’s soft against the wall of the pool and then a top layer of small rock as suggested for a finish look. Anyone see an issue with any of that ? Thank you again for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.