Can Robotic vacuum be used to brush pool.

cschnurr

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I just replaced the liner in my pool. Balancing the water required me to add 2.5kg of stabilizer. I forgot about the recommendation to add CYA to pool using pantyhose, and followed the instructions on the container said to broadcast over the pool and brush the pool. After about 45 minutes of manually brushing the pool, the CYA has dissolved so that there are no granules on the bottom, however brushing still produces a cloud forming in the water.

Can I use my robotic pool cleaner as a substitute for brushing. I removed the filters so that I don't take capture undissolved stabilizer and ran it for 5 minutes. It seemed to work well. Is this a viable alternative to brushing? My concerns are
1) that debris could get sucked into impeller (The water is crystal clean with no debris in the bottom) and
2) that removing the filters changes the water pressures and may affect the guidance algorithm.

Should I give it a try?

Last edited:
I think it will be fine to run it, you can leave the filters in and collect the CYA and put what is left in a sock :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.