Can I winterize a large BLADDER pool?

WiMom4

Jun 26, 2017
Central Wisconsin
I have searched all over looking for an answer - I even called the manufacturer - but they are in S. CA and have no concept of a Wisconsin winter so they weren't much help with tips.

We have a 22' "bladder" type pool (like the old school first blue pools from 20 yrs ago) but it's not an Intex/cheap pool - it's a very heavy, thick lined material (when new it was around $3k)

This is our 2nd year with it. Last year, we treated it like an Intex pool so we drained it, cleaned it and stored it into our garage. BIG mistake because it's just so heavy - we needed at least two full days and 4 men to move and help fold up the thing...and we swore we wouldn't take it down again since it was a nightmare. My husband is guessing the pool weighs at least 250 lbs. dry.37930196_10155383890481097_2209909666207498240_n.jpg

Now it's that time again - and we want to try winterizing it - Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this? Meaning....if we were to drain it down below the pump tube holes as most do around here - the top of the pool will just flop down into the water since there won't be any support. We have always had an Intex with the metal poles so this type of pool is new to us.

Note - we are in Wisconsin so our winters are hard winters - so the water will freeze and we will have snow & temps in the teens, single digits and negative days too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolypool2019
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.