Can I use Stenner pump during SLAM

Mctwist937

Jun 5, 2016
Orange, CT
Hello -

Wondering if i can keep my stenner pump on during a SLAM? I already have it at shock levels for my CYA level. and it is slowly clearing up fine with the DE trick (i do this every year). However, in reading the SLAM posting again, it says not to use your pumps, it says you want to add the chlorine all at once. Which I did with liquid chlorine. My questions is, whether is is good to leave the pump on because I can keep the levels higher for longer that way, my pump is capable of 3 gal per day running 24 hours a day. I test multiple times a day and I have reacheda point where the pump itself is keeping the pool above recomended shock levels. So is bad to have it slowly added at this point? I assume it is fine I think the posting means to say not to slowly add from zero, just wanted to confirm that thought.

Thanks!

With the exception of having it off for the final Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, if you want to leave it on that's fine. Normally things like SWGs and perhaps some Stenner pumps, aren't designed to push a higher SLAM FC level, but if yours helps to maintain the proper FC level consistently throughout the day, more power to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.