Can I use drain for water behind liner?

e341f069a18b9c54b08765980c2d84d7.jpg
938460892eedc09d189dba9053603ebf.jpg

Have this drain beside pool and previous owner said I could use it to drain out water from behind liner if ever needed. What is this kind of drain called and how does it work? Seems every time it rains here the liner starts to float, this would be really helpful if it does work that way.

189266fe977ca94dfe6012f71b8670ab.jpg
0d5c8efe70a89777d32ec9ae65981a25.jpg
3c772cb64f36cf3bc7b8e1161299ead2.jpg

So, now I have a pump connected to well point and it's taking out a lot of water that I'm sending to my waste water outlet, pump has been going continuous for 3 hours now with a stream of water that looks like it would if water was on all the way. I still have standing water in yard also, any guesses as to how long I should keep pump going or how much water can get behind liners?

A lot of flat land areas can do this as well as valley floors. In the OP's case it wasn't just water "behind the liner" . It was, or could be, acres of area that need to be drained from around the pool. He only really needs to get the water below the level of the water in the pool to keep the liner from floating.

We have several gravel pits in my area that have standing water in them from the water table level. One guy who was not familiar with the area bought one of them and thought he could pump it out to continue mining. Had a large volume pump running for several years but never made a dent in it. The level would fluctuate throughout the year by about 10 feet but never much more than that. Fortunately for us, the level stays about 30-35 feet below the level of the land in the flat areas. Makes it nice if you want to hand drive a well for irrigation though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.