Can I service my pool once a week (instead of daily)?

FrankiePool

Aug 6, 2021
Souther California
For the next few months I will be traveling extensively for work. I will definitely be home each weekend, but I would not be able to check my pool daily. Is there a weekly routine I can follow for cleaning/adding chlorine? I am not looking for the pool to be "perfect", I am just looking for it to be in decent shape so that it doesn't get ruined with algae or something. Appreciate any insight!

you just will need to add enough fc to ensure you don’t fall below minimum for your cya before your next dose.
FC/CYA Levels
Your regular testing will need to be your guide - every pool is a little different with fc consumption which also is affected by uv exposure & other factors.
How are you currently testing (which kit)?
How are you currently chlorinating?

Reactions: Newdude
I get about 2 weeks between tests on my SWG. It takes a minute to learn, like anything else new, but once you get over the learning curve it's awesome.

For the next few months I will be traveling extensively for work. I will definitely be home each weekend, but I would not be able to check my pool daily. Is there a weekly routine I can follow for cleaning/adding chlorine? I am not looking for the pool to be "perfect", I am just looking for it to be in decent shape so that it doesn't get ruined with algae or something. Appreciate any insight!
Got a salt water generator? That's your best bet if you don't.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.