Can I get a pool inspected with no water in it?

i think it is a good idea to know if the pool is a liability or an asset - unless the buyer is all cash the presence of the pool if its in bad shape could cause delays (even if the buyer agreed to its as-is condition). The smoothest sales usually are ones in which the buyer and seller have the most amount of info as possible before entering into any agreements.

Reactions: jepponyc
i think it is a good idea to know if the pool is a liability or an asset - unless the buyer is all cash the presence of the pool if its in bad shape could cause delays (even if the buyer agreed to its as-is condition). The smoothest sales usually are ones in which the buyer and seller have the most amount of info as possible before entering into any agreements.
Good point. At a minimum, if the OP isn't going to look into the viability of the pool, it should be in the disclosures: "Pool has been drained for the last 15 years, state of pool's viability is unknown."

Reactions: jepponyc
Dealing with the general public was bad enough pre-pandemic (assuming you have multiple showings and even a open house or 3). The pandemic made folks even bigger question marks. Opinions are like, Well let’s just say we all have one and they stink.

If you have 10 potential buyers :

2 won’t want the pool and will gladly make the concession that it will cost them $5k to fill it in

2 want to live in your neighborhood at any cost

2 have a good feeling that the pool won’t bite them. They have such good vibes about you and your home, what could go wrong ?

2 Want to use it as leverage to get $75k off the asking price (these folks are losing out lately and don’t have the power they once did)

2 will look at the pool as a blank slate that they can rehab beyond their wildest dreams. ‘Diamond in the rough’ loving folks.

We had 25 or so showings at the height of the pandemic and the realtors weren’t allowed onsite so I was doing all the showings myself. Those 25 family’s could not have been more different from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Dealing with the general public was bad enough pre-pandemic (assuming you have multiple showings and even a open house or 3). The pandemic made folks even bigger question marks. Opinions are like, Well let’s just say we all have one and they stink.

If you have 10 potential buyers :

2 won’t want the pool and will gladly make the concession that it will cost them $5k to fill it in

2 want to live in your neighborhood at any cost

2 have a good feeling that the pool won’t bite them. They have such good vibes about you and your home, what could go wrong ?

2 Want to use it as leverage to get $75k off the asking price (these folks are losing out lately and don’t have the power they once did)

2 will look at the pool as a blank slate that they can rehab beyond their wildest dreams. ‘Diamond in the rough’ loving folks.

We had 25 or so showings at the height of the pandemic and the realtors weren’t allowed onsite so I was doing all the showings myself. Those 25 family’s could not have been more different from one end of the spectrum to the other.
And sometimes in the same family! When we bought our house with the pool:

- I didn't want a pool. Watched my dad maintain the pool we had growing up and wanted no part of that!
- Wife didn't care. If it had one then good she'd use it occasionally, if not as long as she was happy with the house she was happy.
- Daughter wanted a pool above just about any other feature of the house! (Oh, and land for her to ride her dune buggy around.)

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.