Can FC be TOO high?

May 8, 2018
Delafield, WI
So, based on my CYA of 40, my FC should be 5-7. We rarely use the pool during the week, so is there any downside to keeping it at 7-9 just as a precaution? Then let it drift down a little more during the weekend?

Doesn't cost any more, as I thought it through. Once you're at a level, you add the same amount if chlorine to maintain. Then on Friday, none at all, so it all evens out right?

Also, off topic a bit, but if I use the 10 mark on my test kit do I still need two scoops of powder to test? Instructions say 2 scoops, but I feel like Ive read in the forums 1 scoop is fine? Would be nice to cut that expense in half, gassle of ordering more, etc.

The important thing is to not allow the level to go above SLAM level, nor drift below the minimum. There isn't really any harm in keeping it above the target levels, you might lose a bit extra but it's still plenty safe and swimmable if you wanted. I usually run a bit on the higher side myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.