Californians: schedule your pump to turn off at 3pm.

The purpose of this thread was to encourage compliance with CA's power restrictions by rescheduling pump hours, not to discuss everything going on in CA. Stop hijacking before they delete the thread.

Reactions: mguzzy and Leebo
Sorry.. but they are all inter-related. I am trying now trying to manage my power consumption in an environment that is causing me to use more power. Luckily the heat is down to "normal" summer temps, but I expect the stress on the grid to increase due to the lightning strike induced fires all around us. Those lighting induced fires happened because the heat wave created massive local thunderstorms. At the same time I don't want to increase my pump run times to counter the effect of all the ash falling in the pool. Which uses more power.

So if this thread is limited to only discussing the effect of the rolling blackouts due to the heat wave then it should be closed. The state is lifting the heat advisory as of 9 am this morning PST, according to the morning news. I expect the rolling black outs to continue but for a different reason.

I'll leave it up to the discretion of our trusty mods to pull the plug when its appropriate.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.