Calcium Scale

dubele

Jun 17, 2013
Southeast Pennsylvania
Hi,
I get calcium scale around the pool and especially below my sheer descents. Using a pumice stone for removal is time consuming and doesn’t usually get it all. Plus, getting in and out of the grout lines is really difficult and removes grout. Is a mix of muriatic acid and water safe to spray on the wall for removal?
Thanks,
Doug59E9D88B-60B6-47FC-892B-419C6EA9FBF2.jpeg

There was a member that had positive results by making a paste out of Barkeeper's Friend and using Saran Wrap over the top to allow the acidic mix to soak into the scale. Seems like it might work for the area under the sheer descents. It might be worth a try if you have some laying around the house.

Thank you both.

Does anyone have experience with a mixer solution of Muriatic acid to water?? I soaked my swg cell last week in a 10:1 ratio and afterwards I poured down the wall. It melted the scale away. My question is if it is safe……I know it works, but is it safe on the grout?

You can use 1 part of muriatic acid with 3 to 4 parts of water to remove scale. You should wear eye protection and gloves. It may require some scrubbing.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.