calcium nodules?

JuYuHu

Mar 7, 2017
Houston, TX
I may have what are called calcium nodules? Small white bumps on the walls and floor of my pool. We built it February 2017. The pool water has always been in balance, never have had any issues. Started noticing these bumps this past summer.

Are they just a nuisance or will they eventually cause bigger problems if left alone?

Thanks for any feedback.

When you say your water is always in balance...what exactly are your test results?? Have you been using PoolMath to help monitor your CSI if your CH leans to being on the high side?? Got some test results to share, please?

Are these raised "pyramids" of calcium, or just rough feeling patches all over? I'm trying to differentiate between scale which is chemistry problem and nodules which are more a construction problem.

Calcium Nodules in pools

Maddie :flower:

Yes, I have the test kit and use PoolMath... I don't have my results in front of me, but if I recall, my last results from Sunday:

Chlorine 7
pH 7.6
CYA 30
CH 300
TA 80 to 90

They are tiny white singular bumps sparsely spread on the walls of the pool.

Calcium nodules can be a sign of plaster problems, but there isn't much you can do to fix the underlying cause. They can be a result of pool water getting to the gunite, which can eventually lead to delamination of the plaster.

Can you try to remove one to see if it will dissolve with fizzing in some vinegar? It it dissolved and fizzes it is likely calcium carbonate and can be removed chemically. If not, it is probably something else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.