Calcium chloride and salt at same time?

cejacobsiu

May 26, 2020
Ohio
Are there any adverse effects of adding calcium chloride ice melt and salt at the same time? Tested 275 CH and 1800 salt a week ago. Poolmath said to add 40 lbs of calcium chloride, which I did using 94% calcium chloride ice melt, along with 80lbs of salt, knowing this was going to be short of 3400 but have overdone it before and didn't want to have to drain any water. I tested again yesterday and came back with 250 CH. Tested again today and got the same results. I wouldn't think there would be an issue with adding both at the same time but was racking my brain for any possible reason to see no increase.

Calcium is best added on a day where nothing else is added. It has a tendency to cloud water up for a day or so. You want to know what response you get for each chemical you add.

Certain salt brands have been known to be contaminated with iron products that caused small brown stains in the pool. Clorox salt was one of those. I use salt pellets for water softeners as they're cheaper.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.