Carrollton tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I've had quite an experience trying to get parts mostly valves for my TX pool that really only has minor damage (so far )

I've watched the prices for jandy valves double and the supply chain fail to keep up with demand. You can double check that the part is in stock before ordering but still end up with a cancelled order. I've ordered a number of valves from inyopools based on the relationship here. I'm sure they are slammed w business, but they really have no idea what's in stock, whats been cancelled what's been shipped. 3 valves they told me were in stock when ordered, were later backordered till late June if then and cancelled. Those 3 arrived yesterday ...

Happy and confused at same time ...amazon sellers also are having issues. The 1.5 in jandy valves are basically out of stock everywhere .

Once I get my repairs done I'll likely be selling or returning the extras I ended up with due to all the supply chain issues

Attachments

• PXL_20210421_201913051.jpg
    PXL_20210421_201913051.jpg
    641.3 KB · Views: 13
You can double check that the part is in stock before ordering but still end up with a cancelled order
I had it happen with an online purchase and called the 2nd place directly to verify they did in fact have it. Many retailers systems just ship directly from the manufacturer if they don’t have it on hand. The system shows they can get XXX units from ABC manufacturer and lists it as in stock. Immediately after purchase said system orders it from the manufacturer who immediately kicks it back. With such turmoil and shortages the Manufacturers system simply can’t keep up with their incoming shipments. They get 1000 but have 2000 back orders (or whatever #s) and the new stock is negative again as soon as they receive it.

It really sucks as the consumer for a retailer to agree to a contracted sale and then change the terms after, but it’s gonna be how it be for the unforeseen future.

On a positive note, everybody I spoke with at INYO/Recsupply/AZpoolsupply were all very helpful albeit unable to perform any miracles. AZpoolsupply just happily (and apologetically) cancelled my purchase no questions asked and no baloney. So there’s that, at least

Reactions: cowboycasey
I went ahead and did a quick repair to the PVC I could see was broken so that I could test the main pump and the filter and heater

We got lucky the filter and the 2 year old heater are still good. Just some PVC, some valves lost. The SWG sensor also was acting up BUT I never replaced it when I replaced the cell 2 years ago so I just put in the new sensor from that cell.

The pool went from dirty and a little cloudy to almost clear in 1 day of running the filter w some bleach. Now waiting for salt to dissolve and we can use the pool while we wait for the valve repairs that will fix the spa part ...

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.