Buying a wet suit for exercise in cold water

TomAtlanta

Sep 10, 2011
Atlanta Ga
I want to keep swimming laps for exercise in my pool here in Atlanta as it gets colder this fall and winter. I am going to get a wet suit. I have never been in one and don't know what to look for. For swimming exercise in a cold pool, what should I look for? I see there are full body suits and shorty suits. There are different thicknesses. What advice can you give me?

A wet suit will be cold when you first get it the pool. It traps water between you and the suit and it starts being warmer as your body heat warms the water. A dry suit is warm right from the start. If you swim every day, you might be surprised how cool you can get used to if you are active in the water.

All I have to add is - the zipper goes in the back!! It didn't come with directions, y'know?

Skippy bought one when our new pool was finished in the fall. We posted a pic on Facebook and someone pointed out it was backwards. LOL. :geek:

Maddie :flower:

I have a fair amount of diving experience ...what temperature will you be in ...that will help us all
And how long would you like to be able to swim

I don't know what temperature. I guess when it gets too cold to swim without a wet suit I will start wearing it, and then when it gets so cold that even with a wet suit it feels uncomfortable I will stop swimming for the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.