Buying a new Pool and want your opinion

brunnesa

Bronze Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
Tuttle Ok
Hi,
I am looking to buy a 24' Aqua leader Element pool. Pool store is recommending a Pentair 1.5 hp 2 speed pump and 250 lb sand filter. They say that glass media in the filter will be best, because it does not need to be ever replaced. Is this true? Also, I am trying to decide between a Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 SWG or the Big Dipper Ozone generator. Pool store likes the Ozone generator best. I like the SWG. What is best? Thanks in advance for the help.

I think the general consensus around here is to stick with normal pool filter sand (which also never needs to be replaced if you maintain proper chemistry).

Definitely do not waste money on an Ozone generator as it does not actually sanitize the water. Get the SWG.

You could also get a smaller 1HP 2-speed pump. And I would suggest a 21+" diameter sand filter for that size pool (not sure how that equates to pounds offhand).

250lbs filter is roughly a 24" filter so they are spot on there.

A 2-speed 1hp pump is plenty. Do you know the brand and model of the pump?

Ozone is a waste of your money and just profit for the pool company.

Glass media is also a waste of your money. Regular #20 silica pool sand is perfect.

The IC40 is a good fit for that size pool.

250lbs filter is roughly a 24" filter so they are spot on there.

A 2-speed 1hp pump is plenty. Do you know the brand and model of the pump?

Ozone is a waste of your money and just profit for the pool company.

Glass media is also a waste of your money. Regular #20 silica pool sand is perfect.

The IC40 is a good fit for that size pool.

It is a Pentair dynamo 1.5 hp 2 speed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.