Buying a Dolphin M600 today... any comparisons to Nautilus CC Supreme?

Aug 3, 2017
SOUTHLAKE, TX
I've read a lot about various robots, done research and finally ready to purchase. Until earlier today thought I might get the Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme (online Amazon only) -- but the M600 seems to be just as good if not better, about the same price. M600 being a retail purchase at local pool store. A lot of similar features between the two (good at floor/wall/waterline scrubbing, uses the MyDolphin Plus App for control, different duration/intensity settings, manual control, two-level filtration, similar warranties I think).

Differences between these I've learned:
- CC Supreme has the 3rd central roller brush, M600 has only two -- but the fwd one is "active" spinning at twice speed of movement.
- CC Supreme uses the floating arm to help in orientation for navigating walls, M600 uses several water jets to control orientation & movement on vertical surfaces.
- CC Supreme has two separate filters, each to be cleaned individually, put into separate slot compartments. M600 has one large central filter with two layers. I like M600 design, seems like it could hold larger volume of debris, a bit simpler to clean

I've not heard / seen much on this forum about owners of the CC Supreme? Any of you out there who can add some ownership comments?
The support from the local pool store & pool store credit they offer are enough to get me to buy there.

7/1 Update: Got the M600 yesterday, brought it home & got it set up & running. Overall --> GREAT experience & cleaning results thus far! Ran a "normal" 2-hr cycle yesterday, noticed some lanes where it was appeared cleaner than others, like it didn't fully get ALL square footage of walls.... but I think over time and more cycles this will probably even out. Posting some pics here soon. Very happy with purchase so far!

Other takeaway impressions:
- Lost WiFi connection briefly (30 sec) yesterday prior to first run, came back okay on it's own. Similar today. Not a big issue.
- Box packing, instructions & guides are well done. Scanning QR code on controller computer was perfect for setting it up and registering warranty (scanned the store receipt also to complete that process) - easy.
- Stair performance: It actually got up on some of the stairs -- once it gets up the lowest step, it climbs right up the next one also.... almost to the tanning ledge before it loses buoyancy and stops. Few times it actually rolled backwards a little bit trying to keep going up... but after a bit it stops & reverses back down.
- Bottom drain getting stuck. Happened twice in first run -- once it reversed & got off on it's own, another time it seemed to hang up for several minutes so I gently pulled it off with the cord. We'll see if this becomes a nuisance over time, hopefully not.
- Manual Driving. Works as advertised, a slight delay in results as others have indicated. My 6-yr old even had it up on the steps running along the step horizontally! Didn't do that in auto mode for sure.
- Tangle-free power cord. Works as advertised. I am also diligent to lay out the cord in advance, reversing half-twist each turn to lay it out like a wide "S" shape. Helps to prevent tangles.

Any recommendation on the 'best' robotic pool cleaner? I seen so many options, and have looked at several YT videos. I do have a GFCI outlet not too far from the pool. App support would be nice, but more important would be effectiveness. Budget of under $1k would be great but willing to stretch with performance/reliability increases. THANKS!

Last edited:
After reading way too much about robots, almost buying an m600, then getting an s200 for less than half the price, I’m convinced the fancier ones don’t do any better of a job. Manual driving is neat but mostly a novelty. S200 has an active brush, , can be automated, and Is easy to clean. If any of them had accurate pool mapping I might be interested, but from what I’ve read they’re all pretty bad at that. Unless money is no object, I’d say try the cheap one first.

After reading way too much about robots, almost buying an m600, then getting an s200 for less than half the price, I’m convinced the fancier ones don’t do any better of a job. Manual driving is neat but mostly a novelty. S200 has an active brush, , can be automated, and Is easy to clean. If any of them had accurate pool mapping I might be interested, but from what I’ve read they’re all pretty bad at that. Unless money is no object, I’d say try the cheap one first.
That was the same logic I applied to my needs/wants. Active 20.

7/1 Update: Got the M600 yesterday, brought it home & got it set up & running. Overall --> GREAT experience & cleaning results thus far! Ran a "normal" 2-hr cycle yesterday, noticed some lanes where it was appeared cleaner than others, like it didn't fully get ALL square footage of walls.... but I think over time and more cycles this will probably even out. Posting some pics here soon. Very happy with purchase so far!

Other takeaway impressions:
- Lost WiFi connection briefly (30 sec) yesterday prior to first run, came back okay on it's own. Similar today. Not a big issue.
- Box packing, instructions & guides are well done. Scanning QR code on controller computer was perfect for setting it up and registering warranty (scanned the store receipt also to complete that process) - easy.
- Stair performance: It actually got up on some of the stairs -- once it gets up the lowest step, it climbs right up the next one also.... almost to the tanning ledge before it loses buoyancy and stops. Few times it actually rolled backwards a little bit trying to keep going up... but after a bit it stops & reverses back down.
- Bottom drain getting stuck. Happened twice in first run -- once it reversed & got off on it's own, another time it seemed to hang up for several minutes so I gently pulled it off with the cord. We'll see if this becomes a nuisance over time, hopefully not.
- Manual Driving. Works as advertised, a slight delay in results as others have indicated. My 6-yr old even had it up on the steps running along the step horizontally! Didn't do that in auto mode for sure.
- Tangle-free power cord. Works as advertised. I am also diligent to lay out the cord in advance, reversing half-twist each turn to lay it out like a wide "S" shape. Helps to prevent tangles.
Looking at the M600 myself. Pool currently being built. I have a 16 x 36 rectangular pool. How is the M600 working for you? Is it worth the cost?

I currently use the CC supreme and am very happy with it, with the exception of it leaving black marks on my plaster. I have wrapped the corners with clear vinyl for cars. Now all is well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
On the WiFi issues, I expect the WiFi parts are the same as on my Triton PS Plus. The unit can only connect to 2.4 GHz networks, which is the old Wireless G. It only allows your phone to connect IF you are using the exact same 2.4 GHz network. My Network has 5G and 5G-2 Way, which are much faster. If I connect my phone to those, it has to use Bluetooth for the connection to the power unit. And Bluetooth is much shorter range.

Reactions: Lostru
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.