Bunnings Hi Clor acid demand test

Jan 1, 2017
Australia
I have just bought this kit also, normally I use the clear choice kit but it’s out of date and just grabbed the hi clor 4 in 1, I’m having trouble with the acid demand test, I don’t get what they mean by add drops until desired ph is achieved, it says to use the same sample as the ph test, my ph is 7.6, and when I add drops it just drops the ph, is there a desired ph to drop to?

Hi missfancypants. Basically you are counting each drop till you achieve the "colour" you want. For example if your pH is 7.6 and you want a pH of 7.4, count how many drops gives you the closest match to the colour for 7.4. does that help you make sense of it?

Edit. Why wouldn't you just continue using poolmath to calculate how much acid to add?

Hi missfancypants. Basically you are counting each drop till you achieve the "colour" you want. For example if your pH is 7.6 and you want a pH of 7.4, count how many drops gives you the closest match to the colour for 7.4. does that help you make sense of it?

Edit. Why wouldn't you just continue using poolmath to calculate how much acid to add?
Oh I think I’ve had a blonde moment, I thought for some reason it was a cya test, I don’t even know why they have that test.
I need to get my proper testing kit.
Thanks for your help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.