Bull frog cleaning-filtration cycle

SandiMacD

Oct 29, 2022
Florida
We've owned our bull frog brand about a month now. But we've owned various brands over the past 30 years. Our experience has been that whenever the bottle label says to run the hot tub on the clean cycle after adding the amount of "XYZ" we either push a button that says "clean" or push the "jets" button depending on brand.

The bullfrog is unique in that it was its own cleaning-filtrarion cycle which has to be set up to run either 24 hours or at set times. There is no button to push to force it into an immediate clean cycle. Pushing the jet buttons won't move the the water into the filtration pump areas.

Also, apparently if any buttons are touched on the control panel, it triggers a 3 hour delay before the filtration pump will kick in.
Is there a special process to use in the bull frog when the label says to "run the clean cycle for 20 minutes after adding"?

The other question is when does the @ease kick in? Does it only get added to the water during the cleaning-filter cycle? I see posts about it being more like a toilet bowl cleaner where it slowly dissolves into the water. But if that's the case, how does it get into the main body of water? Our @ease cartridges are inside of a plastic case and I don't see a way for the cartridges inside the plastic case to come into contact with the water in the hot tub.

I am guessing the slow release process is somehow is tied to the filtration pump. But running the filtration pump a couple of times during the night would not seem capable of delivering enough chlorine for a hot tub that is being used 4 times a day beginning at 6 am and continuing until 9pm. Even if I set to to run 24 hours, since the pump shuts down for 3 hours whenever the control panel is touched, the filtration pump would still not be running during the day for 12 hrs (3 hrs x the 4 times it is touched to run jets and then turn them off).

Thanks

Frog is releasing sanitizer and treating the water thru the mineral cartridge anytime there is water flowing. The cartridges have a series of small holes that release amounts based on how many holes are exposed. My Artesian is plumbed to the circulation pump and will release chlorine when it runs to maintain temperature , during a filter cycle or when the pumps are in use.

What I do when adding supplemental chemicals is to run both jet pumps. That is enough to mix anything I added.

As my supply of Frog from my dealer is now exhausted and I have a TFT-100 test kit, I'm moving to dichlor/liquid chlorine, not because Frog doesn't work, it does, but because it's expensive.

Reactions: SandiMacD
Many thanks for this. We've never had problems balancing our past 3 hot tubs. This is our first bullfrog and in one month, the second time it got cloudy. So whatever the reason, the @ease is not working. Hubby drained it yesterday and removed the @ease. We are switching back to using bromine as in our previous tubs.
Great to know that turning on the jets will distribute the water. Thanks much.

Many thanks for this. We've never had problems balancing our past 3 hot tubs. This is our first bullfrog and in one month, the second time it got cloudy. So whatever the reason, the @ease is not working. Hubby drained it yesterday and removed the @ease. We are switching back to using bromine as in our previous tubs.
Great to know that turning on the jets will distribute the water. Thanks much.
Your tub got cloudy because the Frog was out of or very low on sanitizer. It's common with Frog because most people don't check it regularly. That's one issue with Frog that you won't get following TFT's system. You monitor your tub using TFT daily, so you are always aware of your sanitizer levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.