Apr 26, 2022
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey all,

I’m looking to build out a stenner chlorine pump for my pool in Austin, TX. It seems like getting a low % chlorine in a 55 gallon drum would simplify pool season and the stenner build.

Anyone know where I could by a 55 gallon drum of chlorine in Austin? Any other bulk options?

Thank you!
-VetaMerse

Don't mess with that. Just go to a salt water chlorine generator. Eventually you will, so skip the interim agony. I see you're Hayward gear, and they have excellent SWCGs too.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Don't mess with that. Just go to a salt water chlorine generator. Eventually you will, so skip the interim agony. I see you're Hayward gear, and they have excellent SWCGs too.
Yeah, I've been considering this. I do have Oklahoma Blue Stone coping. I need to do some more research on whether SWG salt levels are safe, seems like a controversial topic. I figured I'd research both options and see what makes the most sense - I'm just getting tired of this gallon jug nonsense.

Last edited:
Hey all,

I’m looking to build out a stenner chlorine pump for my pool in Austin, TX. It seems like getting a low % chlorine in a 55 gallon drum would simplify pool season and the stenner build.

Anyone know where I could by a 55 gallon drum of chlorine in Austin? Any other bulk options?

Thank you!
-VetaMerse
I would check Pinch a Penny Pool Supplies and Service, as they give pretty steep discounts for volume purchase of liquid chlorine (at lease the one I go to does). The location I go to sells 12% chlorine for $6/gallon if you buy by the gallon, but reduces that price to $3.75/gallon if you buy 30 gallons at a time (it may be even cheaper by the gallon if you purchase 55 gallons at a time). With that said, you will have to have your own barrel for this option, but barrels are relatively cheap.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.