building sandbox

Feb 9, 2017
charleston/sc
ive seen some pool owners installing a pool on concrete by building a sandbox frame, adding sand then level. But can this be done on the ground as opposite to digging down to level? Im wanting to built a rectangle box using 4x4s, rebar the corners to prevent shifting, add sand, compact and level. Has anyone here done this will good results? my pool is about 3800 gallons of water.

Yep the sand box method can work but its generally an option of last resort and isn't without its dangers. It will also add to the cost of the installation somewhat. Other than not wanting to dig are there other limiting factors to make you choose this idea? You won't be saving yourself any work by doing a sand box it will be adding a lot of extra work.

ive seen some pool owners installing a pool on concrete by building a sandbox frame, adding sand then level. But can this be done on the ground as opposite to digging down to level? Im wanting to built a rectangle box using 4x4s, rebar the corners to prevent shifting, add sand, compact and level. Has anyone here done this will good results? my pool is about 3800 gallons of water.
Just in case you're able, I did exactly what your asking about: Dimension at the ground for Intex 16' Ultra frame pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.