Buckin' backwash hose

Jun 22, 2022
Auburn, Indiana
I've tried searching some and not finding an answer (and maybe I don't know how to search correctly so take it easy on me).

When I backwash, my hose (a thin blue rubber flexible type) flies around like a bucking Bronco spraying water everywhere. I've tried to pin it down some with paving stones, etc but it eventually works itself out again. Saw mention of cutting the end at a 45 degree angle but still, it's unwieldy. When I watch videos on youtube of "how to backwash your pool" and the like, everyone's hoses just sit there so peacefully and shoot the water out just fine. Maybe my filter and pump are possessed......

What am I missing? I'm fine with buying a heavier duty hose but seems that isn't even necessary - and I definitely don't want to mess with a PVC type more permanent solution if I don't have to.

I put these together to go into my drain. Hose connects on the left, these go in order. Because it is hard, it is easy to hold down with a paver or something heavy. Not at home, otherwise I would post a pic.

Here is the first piece: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Aqua-EZ-Hose-Adapter/3151503
1658957820601.png1658958026977.png PVC PIPE 1658958087453.png

That's a GREAT idea @PoolStored !!!! Shove the hose coupler into a couple feet of the appropriately sized PVC pipe and it will either stop flapping around, or it will be real easy to pin down with a cinderblock.

Reactions: BroncoBobblehead
Here is some pic/video. I do think the main issue is the hose being too short so I'll get a longer one or use a PVC anchor as suggested (great tip!). Might have a longer one stuffed somewhere. Well, I guess just a pic - can't upload video apparently. Too bad - it's an entertaining dance.

Attachments

• IMG_9043.jpg
    IMG_9043.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 20

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.