Bucket test

danman

Sep 5, 2016
Spring, Tx
Hey Everyone,
I have been a pool owner for about 90 days now. I have noticed that at least once every 7 - 10(give or take a day) days I have to add water to my pool. So, I spoke to someone here locally and they said it sounds like a leak. So I started reading in the posts here and found how to do a bucket test. So I did that. I have let the pool sit for 24hrs, pump off, with the bucket and to my eye, in a 24hr period I've lost about a 1/4" in both the bucket and pool. I live in Houston, and I know it's humid as hades. So I'm hoping some other Houston pool owners are out here and I can see if my results/water loss are consistent. I know my test is supposed to prove there is no leak. Guess I'm looking for more validation. Thanks all!

My pool will lose a bit of water in the dry fall heat, so I hope that is all you're experiencing too. 1/4" doesn't sound unreasonable to me, and its reassuring that the pool and bucket both agree in loss.

Just keep an eye on it. :)

Yippee :flower:

Thanks guys, I was working myself up a bit. B/c it seemed like man I'm adding water all the time! I usually know if I haven't looked at the level on the sides, b/c the skimmers will sound like they are slurping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.