Bubbles on low speed

DAB942

Gold Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Space Coast, FL
Good morning,

I have some air in my returns -- really just the first one -- especially at low speed, there are large bubbles, even at the pump, they can be seen.

However, at higher speeds, the bubbles are almost non-existent at the pump and the returns. I realize the velocity of the water will break up the larger bubbles. I can't find any leak above ground - did the hose running on low test on everything coming in to the pump, and the pump.

PH hasn't been affected. Cause for concern?

I don't really want to dig up all the PVC.

I have some air in my returns -- really just the first one -- especially at low speed, there are large bubbles, even at the pump, they can be seen.
I have the exact same issue many times. VSPs are also known for producing small amounts of bubbles at a low RPM, then they disperse once the speed is increased once a day or so. Just make sure to rule-out the pump lid O-ring and drain plug gaskets to be safe. Maybe any 3-way valve O-rings as well.
Cause for concern?
I'd so no. Leave it be or you'll drive yourself nuts. I did. :crazy: As long as you're not losing prime and/or the pump basket water level isn't dropping dramatically, you'll be fine. Kick-up the RPM once a day to purge and all should be well. Crack open a cold one and enjoy your oasis. :cheers: :swim:

Your pump should be doing at least a 5 min prime at full rpm every time it starts just to purge all air from the system. If it’s not, then you need to correct that.

It does.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the exact same issue many times. VSPs are also known for producing small amounts of bubbles at a low RPM, then they disperse once the speed is increased once a day or so. Just make sure to rule-out the pump lid O-ring and drain plug gaskets to be safe. Maybe any 3-way valve O-rings as well.
I'd so no. Leave it be or you'll drive yourself nuts. I did. :crazy: As long as you're not losing prime and/or the pump basket water level isn't dropping dramatically, you'll be fine. Kick-up the RPM once a day to purge and all should be well. Crack open a cold one and enjoy your oasis. :cheers: :swim:

Thanks. It has been bothering me. The return with the bubbles is closest to the master bedroom and I can hear it. At first, I stared at the ceiling thinking about where they could be coming from. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.