brush bristles coming off

Johnny B

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 19, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Which is fine with me, it is a combo brush & I want a metal brush.
No major worries with them in the pool? They'll get dissolved or backwashed out? Or that’s all kind of stupid, just get the metal brush?
Best way to get them out faster is leave it in the sun or you have a more clever way?
Thanks

They are just nylon, will not harm the pool. Maybe small risk of getting through the skimmer and pump basket and stuck in the pump impeller.

Seems like you should just buy the brush you want.

Got the metal brush. Seems very hard to push unless really lowering the pole. Will it "break in" or whatever or is that the way they stay for life? Can't really even push it when close to the wall when the pole must be more vertical. Weird

A good quality brush wont lose bristles, or it will be extremely minimal. Mine stays in the Sun and it hasn't degraded. After four years, this is worn down, but not a brittle bristle one. These are top quality, and UV protected, so they dont break down like the cheapy white nylon bristle type the pool builder leaves you with.

Oreq

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.