Brown staining around pool, small spot cleared with Vitamin C tablet.

nwscuzz90

May 26, 2022
Northern Indiana
Hello, I have a 5700 gallon above ground vinyl lined pool. Northern Indiana. I have a brown stain all around my pool from the ground level up to where the water level was during winter (see attached picture), I took a vitamin C tablet and rubbed it in a small circle for a few minutes and it cleared the spot.

Just got water tested at Leslie's yesterday:

PH - 7.7
TA - 69 (put in recommended stuff to raise TA to normal level)
CYA - 69
FC - 2.9
TC - 2.9
CH - 272
TDS - 450
PHO - 0
FE - 0
CU - .1

I have 3lbs of AA, 2 containers of ProTeam Metal Magic, and 2 poly60 algaecides, is that all I need to do a AA treatment? I need to take PH down to 7.2 and get FC around 0 correct?

Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    582.2 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Before you do anything, be sure to have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. You need that accuracy and reliability during an AA process. Below is a link to that process. IMO, do the AA closer to closing or at spring opening when the water is cold to help reduce the likelihood of algae, but that's certainly your call.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Before you do anything, be sure to have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. You need that accuracy and reliability during an AA process. Below is a link to that process. IMO, do the AA closer to closing or at spring opening when the water is cold to help reduce the likelihood of algae, but that's certainly your call.

Awesome, thanks so much! Water chemistry has been fine all summer testing it at leslies. That makes sense to wait till closing. I think I'll do that, appreciate it!!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.