Brown dirt in pool

Emkrw

Jul 31, 2020
Austin tx
I keep having this brown dirt appear in my pool. We have tried vacuuming it to waste but it comes back the next day. It settles in the seams of the pool liner. I have kept my chlorine at a 6 (cya at 30) for the last 4 days. It does not seem to be doing anything. It poofs when brushed.
does anyone know what this is or how to get rid of it?

Attachments

• EF553F43-CFB1-4789-A7C4-7BFCAC650CCE.jpeg
    EF553F43-CFB1-4789-A7C4-7BFCAC650CCE.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 27
The key is to be sure if that brown is dirt or algae. Both will "poof" when brushed, but algae might feel a bit more slimy to the touch. Dirt should have a small grit to it. You can also do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test using a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. Your signature shows test strips, so if that's all you have, then your chemical levels might be off which could lead to algae. Hard to know without a full set of test results from a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C. To be fair, it has been quite windy down here around S.A., so light dust can easily build up around areas of the pool, especially seams.

The key is to be sure if that brown is dirt or algae. Both will "poof" when brushed, but algae might feel a bit more slimy to the touch. Dirt should have a small grit to it. You can also do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test using a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. Your signature shows test strips, so if that's all you have, then your chemical levels might be off which could lead to algae. Hard to know without a full set of test results from a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C. To be fair, it has been quite windy down here around S.A., so light dust can easily build up around areas of the pool, especially seams.
Ok. Thanks. I switched to take k-2006 this year so I could get more accurate results. I don’t seem to be losing chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.