Brand New Polaris 380 Weak Backup Pressure

nazran

Jul 23, 2012
Dallas Ft Worth
Installed my new Polaris 380. I am not sure if I just need to tweak it or I have a real problem. I replaced a Letro Legend II? that was 15 years old

1. I used the blue plastic flow thing in the wall fitting.
2. I got exactly 28 RPM on the wheel speed test.
3. My hose is a bit too long (2ft) I wanted to make sure I was a little over as opposed to too short. (I will adjust this more)
4. My thruster is towards 11 o'clock
5. It seems to climb the wall REAL well, so much so that as it turns around the tail does spray out of the pool (seemed excessive?)
6. The problem I noticed right away is it got stuck on my stairs. After 3 minutes of this I was thinking... why hasn't it moved.
7. I got down in the shallow end and brought the backup valve out of the water and when it engaged the pressure seemed weak. There is a little trickle of water when it is not engaged but my old valve did that too.

Think I should take the valve off my old cleaner and try it or do I need to run the red plastic wall fitting ( I am at work not sure which one is more restrictive)

Yeah the new one was faulty. Nothing obvious to me externally. I held the new (bad one) up out of water and it was like a water hose nozzle set to full rather than stream. Connected my old working valve and when I held it out of the water it was like a jet stream and was shooting a lot farther.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.