brand new M400 worked for 20 minutes... now it doesn't

Oct 11, 2016
Temecula
I just purchased a M400 from Margeret in Colorado. I was super excited to receive it last night. Well I let it do its thing and it only lasted 20 minutes. Then it just sat there in the middle of my pool doing nothing. I could drive it manually with the controls.

I pulled it out checked the filters and impeller etc. turned it off and on several times.

Threw it back in and it only ran for 5 minutes.

I took it out again and it ran for 5 minutes and then stopped dead for the 3rd time.

So I'm not very happy. any ideas???

I reached out to them, but no response or call back. Marina Pools in CO did call me back. They thought it was strange as well. They tried helping me over the phone for a good 20 minutes. Still no solution. I feel confident they will make things right and help me out.

When I first bought my Dolphin Premier (also from Maytronics) earlier this year, it died within the first month. The power supply never seemed to function correctly and the lights on the display, other than the large blue button, never came on. Eventually the robot wouldn't move at all. If it's within the first 30 days or so, the place where you bought it should exchange it for a new one. That's what poolbots.com did for me, postage paid including returning the failed unit. The replacement unit has worked fine for several months, by the way, except for an operator-caused issue that has now been resolved.

Do you have any lights on the power supply when you press the power button? If you flip it over and press the power button, the tracks should run for a few seconds one direction, then the other, and then the impeller will run for few seconds. That is a self-test, which my original unit failed. In my case, I think the power supply was bad.

Did you try contacting Maytronics directly? 1-800-DOLPHIN

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have tried everything I can think of or read of. The lights all work. I tried using the weekly setting and it never turned on. It will run for 20 minutes....then it is dead in the water. I can then use it manually...but no luck with it working on its own.

the first run of the day lasts about 20 minutes tops. after that i will turn it off then on and can only get 5-7 mins. It has been doing this consistently since Saturday when I received it. Dolphin emailed me back but no response

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.