Brand new coleman 22x52 round above ground pool. Questions about relocating intae and returns

RobGnwflorida

May 7, 2019
NW Florida
Hi everyone, I just finished erecting our new pool. Quite a hob building and leveling but you all know this. My question is where to relocate intake (skimmer ) and return. Looking at the factory positioning, I'm thinking they are horribly misplaced. I have my own one hp pump and a Hayward 150lb sand filter. I can disregard factory cutouts and pla e the skimmer and filter anywhere I need. I just don't know exactly where to cut them into the pool for the best performance of both of them. If anyone has advice it would be greatly appreciated. I intend to hardpipe (pvc schedule 40)everything. Do I need 2 separate intakes? 2 separate returns? Any advice? Thank you.

Hello and Welcome to TFP!! Congrats on the new pool!!
Usually it is best to place the skimmer where it is down wind so that the prevailing winds help move surface debris towards the skimmer.
Return placement is commonly near the skimmer on an above ground pool. This isn’t optimal, but allows for minimal piping. The best place in my opinion is 180degrees opposite the skimmer. Anywhere other than those are user discretion.

Reactions: RobGnwflorida
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.