Borax vs Soda to raise pH

However, I just found out my husband added 40 lb of salt and turned SWG back on about one hour ago :(
I turned SWG off again, pump is running, but... am I going ahead with my plan (to still add some bleach tonight and perform OCLT tomorrow morning) or did my husband messed it up with the salt?

@mguzzy Thank you! You saved our Sunday family afternoon with your quick answer :)
And your marriage is sounds like.. ;)

Reactions: Justify
So I finished SLAM two days ago (passed all 3 criteria on Wednesday morning), water is crystal clear, today's numbers:
FC=3
CC=0.5
TA=80
CH=75
CYA=30
pH=6.8/7.0
salt=3320

I haven't added any chemicals since last bleach addition (Tuesday). I am still planning to raise/add CYA and probably adjust CH somehow as (to 200-250 I think).
And also, I will grab a few boxes of Borax in Walmart tomorrow to raise pH.

But, why is my pH still so low? What can be the cause?

Won't the low pH damage our liner and equipment if I leave it alone with hopes it will rise naturally??

It has been low for more than 2 weeks now. First I thought it was CYA addition that brough pH down. Then I thought whatever was messing up the pool and caused cloudy water was also lowering pH.
But I haven't added any CYA recently (last addition May 18) and whatever was causing cloudy water and ate chlorine is gone now.

Hello all, my pH is low (bright orange = matching 6.8 box of Taylor test from my TF100 kit), my TA=90. So obviously I need to raise pH without raising TA too much. From what I read, it sounds like in such circumstances it is better to use Borax than washing soda, as the latter tends to raise TA more. However, since Borax is poisonous, how long it takes before anyone can enter the water after the treatment? And, when should I test pH again after adding Borax, to see whether I need to add more (obviously pH=6.8 is the lowest Taylor can get, so I am wondering/worried it might be actually even lower than 6.8)
Thanks in advance.
Borax is not poisonous, it's beneficial to the body in moderation.
It's natural and it can help the body as well as your pool. Besides, you don't think chlorine isn't poisonous? Lol. Best of luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.