Booster Pump Issues

Apr 6, 2016
Byron, GA
Thank you for your input, Chris and Pointe Taken. I was finally able to diagnose my problem and it turned out that it was only the capacitor. The main pump motor is running properly now. BUT, that led to another problem. My whole system was down almost a month while I was dealing with the main pump motor. Once I was able to get that running properly, it seems that the booster pump does not want to work properly.

When I turned it on, the motor did not sound normal. At first glance, it seemed the Polaris 280 was working as it moved from the shallow to the deem end. When I realized it was not working, I took the coupling off where the cleaner connects to the plumbing at the wall. There was very low water pressure, about the equivalent of a water hose, not nearly enough pressure to operate the cleaner. I did take the plug out of the booster pump while the main pump was running. There was water moving through the pump but again, not high pressure. About what you would get if you put a nozzle on a garden hose. The booster pump also got very hot to the touch while running.
1654608682725.png1654608752957.png1654608798736.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.