Blue Hawaiian Fiberglass Pools Compared to Leisure Pools

tank47

Bronze Supporter
Apr 28, 2019
NJ
We are in the process of deciding on a new pool and know that we want fiberglass. We were almost set on a Leisure Pool (Ultimate) however the Blue Hawaiian Nautilus pool was recently recommended. The same builder offers both, the pricing would be the same, and they are essentially the same layout (pool/spa combo).

Does one company used higher quality materials? Thicker shell? Better warranty? Better reputation? Better warranty support? Anyone own one or the other with any regrets? Any help would be great appreciated because the decision needs to be made soon.

This forum has been great so far and I plan to post before and after pics on this exciting project!

i have no knowledge of the blue Hawaiian pools. however the leisure pool does have a life time structural warranty. it has kevlar woven into the layers. you can look at the manufacturing process on the web site for lesure pools.
h have a leisure pool.

Thanks for your reply! We ended up going with the Leisure Pool Ultimate and can't wait. Blue Hawaiian is a part of Latham along with Viking and Trilogy and I couldn't tell from their websites if they are all the same pool just different names so they could penetrate the market better or if there was an actual difference in manufacturing/materials. Of the three, Blue Hawaiian seemed to have the least amount of info on their website. Comparing that to Leisure Pools, I feel like we were just able to research so many more positive reviews and installs so we went that route and feel comfortable that the warranty will back us if there is an issue. What LP pool did you go with and what color? We did Silver Grey.

allure 30, crystal blue, sorry that i done have any new pictures to add, been swimming for about 6 weeks now, started around Easter time. i love the ultimate design! great choice, that was my first choice also.. however, my budget kept whispering into my ear. lol
you should be very happy with that pool.

Ha we looked at that one as well and that same color. Sounds like you are really enjoying the summer with your new pool!

Question if you don't mind - how many spa jets did you put in and was it enough or not enough? Also do you have coping on the spa ledge or did you leave it all fiberglass? I've seen photos of both ways.

Don’t mind at all. 4 spa jets. Seems like enough. Not sure if the ultimate has a larger spa though. Concrete over the ledge. I do have a couple pictures. Got home after a big wind and rain storm on father’s d.

Attachments

• E46DC2F8-D912-4543-B6C9-8E2FCF7CC8CF.jpeg
    E46DC2F8-D912-4543-B6C9-8E2FCF7CC8CF.jpeg
    618.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 11854E83-1FA2-4B03-8321-1632454DBD83.jpeg
    11854E83-1FA2-4B03-8321-1632454DBD83.jpeg
    261.2 KB · Views: 93
  • A6E00A2F-801C-4031-9060-AF3B9C58D981.jpeg
    A6E00A2F-801C-4031-9060-AF3B9C58D981.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 89
Yards looking great after the build! I like how you did the umbrella in the pool deck, hadn't thought of that but I could see that maybe over by the tanning ledge. My PB recommended 4 but said he would do 8 for same price if I wanted it. Not sure if more is always better, wonder if it reduces the power for each one. Thanks for sharing!

The yard! That’s been a challenge. Thanks for the encouragement. This is after 24 yards of sand and 2 pallets of grass. Still need a couple more pallets of grass and a few more yards of sand. But it’s sure nice to relax in the pool after the work is done for the day.
Just pulled this picture from the security camera

Attachments

• 29D83073-45C6-43B5-965C-B437EB2CB283.png
    29D83073-45C6-43B5-965C-B437EB2CB283.png
    302.7 KB · Views: 65
We are in the process of deciding on a new pool and know that we want fiberglass. We were almost set on a Leisure Pool (Ultimate) however the Blue Hawaiian Nautilus pool was recently recommended. The same builder offers both, the pricing would be the same, and they are essentially the same layout (pool/spa combo).

Does one company used higher quality materials? Thicker shell? Better warranty? Better reputation? Better warranty support? Anyone own one or the other with any regrets? Any help would be great appreciated because the decision needs to be made soon.

This forum has been great so far and I plan to post before and after pics on this exciting project!
We are looking at the same pool! Yours looks amazing! Did Leisure Pools install? Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.