Knoxville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
I closed our pool myself for the first time this weekend and discovered a few thing. I tried a few different fitting on my shop vac and air compressor and came up with a couple items that worked.

I built a shop vac hose adapted to a 1.5” union and then attached that union to each of the intake lines but only had enough pressure to clear one of the close skimmers and the waterfall line. So I made another union to adapt the air compressor hose attachment. I discovered that once I purged most of the air with the compressor, the shop vac was able to purge the rest of the lines pretty well. The greater air volume made sure to spray the water out of the skimmers.

here’s a couple pictures of they help someone else out.
0B49E805-2306-4335-A617-F51E3F97C2B3.jpeg759CB4FE-EE40-4FD0-9BE2-EB7647D6E025.jpeg

When the guys winterized ours, they just drained the pump, filter and heater. After that they used a pancake compressor to blow out the lines, which they capped as the air was coming out. The next thing they did was add a few gallons pool antifreeze to each line. What amazed me was that they didn't lower the water level.

When the guys winterized ours, they just drained the pump, filter and heater. After that they used a pancake compressor to blow out the lines, which they capped as the air was coming out. The next thing they did was add a few gallons pool antifreeze to each line. What amazed me was that they didn't lower the water level.

so water is still in the skimmers?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.