Bleach Prices 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Menard's (Chicago-land area) 5/13, and the BOGO sale had ended the previous day or 2. I bought 15 gallons, checked out under full price ($4/gallon), and asked if it had ended at the service desk. They gaciously adjusted the price down for me. However, I either told them I had 17 gallons, or they entered 17 gallons; either way, I didn't notice until the next day. The net result was $0.15/oz.

I went to Menard's (Chicago-land area) 5/13, and the BOGO sale had ended the previous day or 2. I bought 15 gallons, checked out under full price ($4/gallon), and asked if it had ended at the service desk. They gaciously adjusted the price down for me. However, I either told them I had 17 gallons, or they entered 17 gallons; either way, I didn't notice until the next day. The net result was $0.15/oz.

That was nice of them. I bought only four but wish I'd gone back for more.

Does Ace have their own brand of bleach or do they just sell clorox at a super discounted rate on memorial weekend?
The Ace memorial day sale is Hth 10% 2 - 1 gallon jugs in a box for $5.00. Your local Ace probably won't stock it but can order it. You might tell your local store you intend to buy some so they can have it for you. They may let you order early too since it has to ship.
The Ace part number is 8006454.
I found an Ace that has the circular online:
http://haggertyace.com/files/2014/05/memorialdaycirculars_fnnrsotr.pdf

The Independent pool store in my town has a Buy 3 Get 1 Free sale on HASA 12.5% Liquid Chlorine. $4.80/gal works out to $0.23/oz after the free gallon using Dan's calculator. It is a better deal than 8.25% stuff at Home Depot which is $0.30/oz. Never used HASA, is it just like bleach, or do they put any junk in it that I should avoid? Here is what the coupon looks like, not sure if it is unique and will only work once, but I have a few others in case this gets burnt.
IMG_20140516_110229339 (1).jpg

The Ace memorial day sale is Hth 10% 2 - 1 gallon jugs in a box for $5.00. Your local Ace probably won't stock it but can order it. You might tell your local store you intend to buy some so they can have it for you. They may let you order early too since it has to ship.
The Ace part number is 8006454.
I found an Ace that has the circular online:
http://haggertyace.com/files/2014/05/memorialdaycirculars_fnnrsotr.pdf

Thanks for the link. I just went by today and got a few gallons to get me through the week. The lady at the register said they usually go on sale $2/gallon. Maybe Monday morning I'll have time tol go by and ask them to order extra.

Assuming this is the best deal I can get, and I still have a green 26,000 gallon pool with no swg that gets a decent amount of sun, how many gallons should I buy to get me through the season? 20-30?

The Independent pool store in my town has a Buy 3 Get 1 Free sale on HASA 12.5% Liquid Chlorine. $4.80/gal works out to $0.23/oz after the free gallon using Dan's calculator. It is a better deal than 8.25% stuff at Home Depot which is $0.30/oz. Never used HASA, is it just like bleach, or do they put any junk in it that I should avoid? Here is what the coupon looks like, not sure if it is unique and will only work once, but I have a few others in case this gets burnt.
View attachment 29332
It's 12.5%. It's what I use. Note that you do have to pay a deposit on the jugs and crate.

Assuming this is the best deal I can get, and I still have a green 26,000 gallon pool with no swg that gets a decent amount of sun, how many gallons should I buy to get me through the season? 20-30?

You'll have to guess how many gallons to purchase to slam the pool, it varies a lot. I would limit the purchase to whatever you can store in a cool, dark place for up to 3 months. If you know about how many ppm of chlorine you went through per day in previous years, go off that figure. Otherwise, assume you will lose roughly 2ppm per day for 90 days with around 40 CYA, then use PoolMath calculator to determine how many jugs to buy to raise your pool 180ppm (90 days x 2ppm). Keep notes on how much chlorine you use slamming your pool and keeping it clear (separately) this year so you can better judge your needs for next year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just got a refill (exchange of case with empty bottles for one with full bottles) at my local pool store using the same coupon. They have 12.5% chlorinating liquid from Hasa and it is my main source of chlorine and has been for about 9 years. There's nothing wrong with it and there are no unusual additives in it. It seems to hold its strength well so that means it uses water free of metals. The only thing I notice sometimes is variation in pH rise that might be attributable to variation in the lye content, but I contacted Hasa directly and they believed their process control was keeping it consistent so the variation may be something else in my pool.

The pricing for this chlorinating liquid at my local pool store (Herb's Pool Service) is (this year) $3.95 per gallon or $0.247 per fluid ounce per available chlorine, but after this discount coupon it is only $2.96 per gallon or $0.185 per fluid ounce per available chlorine. We have 9.25% sales tax on top of this.

For those of us in Taxachusetts. Local Leslies to me has 6 gallon liquid chlorine 10% for $24 including the deposit on the container.
Also there is Bleach at Demoulas Market Basket 1.59 for 96 oz. Not bad there either but it's 8.25%

I still can't locate a good source of 12.5 as I have limited space.

For those of us in Taxachusetts. Local Leslies to me has 6 gallon liquid chlorine 10% for $24 including the deposit on the container.
Also there is Bleach at Demoulas Market Basket 1.59 for 96 oz. Not bad there either but it's 8.25%

I still can't locate a good source of 12.5 as I have limited space.

Hi, I was able to get 12.5% at Namco in Nashua (Home Depot plaza near Pheasant Lane).

1 gallon 12.5% is $5.99
5 gallon 12.5% is $18.99 + $5 deposit on container, but at least last week they had a sale on any one item over $20 or something, so that 5-gallon bucket cost me less than 20.

Plus, no tax.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.