Bleach and Chlorine tablets used together??

jeffcessna said:
This morning i went outside and tested my water after shocking for two days and vacuuming all last night and here are what my water numbers are....

FC: 7
PH: 7 (need to raise...it just keeps falling)
TA: 90
CYA: 40

How do those numbers look?????

Are you still using tablets? Because they will lower the PH. If you are, then add Borax or WAshing soda and bump the PH to 7.8, sooner rather than later, as you don't want the PH to get much lower.

How is the water looking?

Did the FC hold? Kinda hard to tell if it did using strips which is why we advocate the good kit.

Your CYA and TA are fine, if you don't plan to use tabs. If you use tabs you ideally want your TA to be 120 or above to help buffer the PH. (The Borax/Ash will help raise the TA too so retest that before you do any adjusting to the TA.)

Im not using tabs at all....im just using bleach to shock and for daily use and it did hold overnight.... :-D Im so happy right now.....when i get home tonight i will use the borax for the ph and raise that up too. this morning my water is crystal clear....just seems to sparkle!! at the bottom though there is still some residual pollen that has collected so i will have to vacuum that out, but other than that its great!!

im still working on getting a good test kit.... :?

thanks to everyone that has posted here and helped me out.....

jeffcessna said:
...where are the places that people go to to purchase CYA????
I buy mine in a 3# jug marked either "Conditioner" or "Stabilizer" at WallyWorld for ~$13.00. Just look for those titles in the pool section and "100% Cyan...Acid" on the back 8) .
It's much less expensive than at the pool stores here!

This morning i tested my water...the water itself looks crystal clear and i just love it, but i have a question. My water tests looked like this:

TC:2
FC: 10
PH: 7.4
TA: 80
CYA (Stabilizer): 20 (hard to tell with strips)

Im taking a pool sample to get tested today but my question is about the TC and the FC...The FC has held all night by why would there be such a large difference between the TC and FC?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
(hard to tell with strips)
That is most likely the answer. The strips are simply inadequate for detailed testing of your water. Those test results are somewhat possible but not likely in lieu of your clear water.

They are certainly inadequate to do a meaningful overnight FC test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.