Marietta, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I read a few posts about the dreaded black waterline and the solutions ranged from Mr. Eraser to using a scumball to using a paste of baking soda on the abrasive side of a sponge, etc.

Has anyone ever heard of or used Marine 31 Heavy Cut Oxidation Cleaner to clean the Gel Coat and then followed up with a Marine 31 Carnuaba Wax & Sealant ?

Of course the good folks at Marine 31 endorse them ...

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. You can use the Marine 31 Heavy Cut oxidation
Cleaner to clean the Gel Coat. After using the Marine 31 Heavy Cut you will
need to follow up with the Marine 31 Carnuaba Wax & Sealant. If you have any
question you can send an email or give us a call at 1-800-869-3011.

solutions ranged from Mr. Eraser to using a scumball to using a paste of baking soda on the abrasive side of a sponge, etc.
Yep, and honestly just about any of them should work on our FB shells. I would recommend starting simple and easy, then working your way up "if" needed. The 2-part marine product probably works, but seems like a lot more work than I would care to do .... unless it was my boat. :) In many cases, I can get that scum line off with a simple rag and some elbow grease.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.